Monday 29 March 2010

Easter bunnies


The Martha Stewart website is a great resource for free patterns and general craft stuff. I found this pattern to make a bunny and have been meaning to make some for the kids for ages, what better time than Easter?

It was quite quick to make, and a great way to use up some left over fabric from the dress I made. Naturally, I managed to fill even the simplest of sewing projects with all sorts of mistakes, note the arms are not stuffed and the ears are rather, erm, wonky. It gives the rabbit character. The instructions suggested adding the features last, I added mine before I stuffed it, but it would have been much easier to do before I'd even started sewing it together. I'm going to be making another one, so will know better next time.

Another project that caught my eye were these gorgeous pettiskirts, but they look a bit more daunting. I can absolutely imagine being 5 years old and swishing round in one for hours, so I must make one when I can summon up the courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment