Saturday 31 December 2011

Goodbye 2011


One of the great things about writing a blog is that you can look back over the year with relative ease and remember exactly what you got up to over the last 12 months. My blog reveals that 2011 has been filled with sewing, great big boxes of new fabric, finding new sources of inspiration and rambling on about stuff that seemed important at the time.

Personally though, a number of things stand out for me; the endless summer holidays and our annual trip to France, my youngest starting school, meeting lovely blog friends for the first time, and a new addition to our family, Meg.

no Mallards were hurt in this photo

For me though, 2011 will be the year that I finally gave up my day job. Leaving me free to work on M is for make, pick my kids up from school every day (I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon) and finally take a break from the exhausting juggling act of the last few years. It's hard to explain how important this decision has been to me and my family, which is maybe why I haven't written about it sooner. But there it is, a wonderful and happy end to 2011 for me.

I hope to have more time to sew, write and find exciting new fabric for you in 2012. What will it bring for you?

Happy New Year to you all,

Kate
x

8 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news Kate - you'l never regret it. Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! I hope I'll be saying similar things in a years time. 2012 is going to be a leap into the unknown for me. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Kate! Hope 2012 is even better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see - you give up your job to sell fabric, and I will need to take on a second job to fund my 'fabric habit'!!
    Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great step to take, Meg and M is for Make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Kate, wishing you every success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah! I'm so pleased you are starting the year with so many things in their right 'places'. What positively life-changing decisions to make. Wishing you much luck, happiness & fun with the fabric & the mallard over he next year. Much love, Florence x (oh, and meeting you & Amy was one of my 2011 highlights too!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. you had a day job AS WELL as setting up M is for make???? Wow. Kate you will be flying this year! No problem

    ReplyDelete