Monday 9 January 2012

Meg and the amazing technicoloured dream quilt


I've been making steady progress with the flannel quilt that I mentioned before Christmas, having changed the design into something that is actually make-able thanks to advice from you clever followers. I am determined to make it in time to use this winter. Thankfully, it is quick to put together and so when I find the time, progress is pretty good. The colours are turning out a little more lurid brighter together than I was anticipating, perhaps I should have scattered in some more neutral tones, but I couldn't get it to work.

At least this way, when I inevitably spill red wine on it. It won't show.


Meg is drawn to the quilt whenever I put it on the floor, but I know where those paws have been and they are not allowed on it until she has at least had a bath. Puppy progress continues along side quilt progress and I can report that she will not just be a puppy for Christmas (I completely understand that ad campaign now). Having taught her to sit and shake hands, I have made an investment in the pooch and she will stay. Also the kids would not speak to me if I packed her off.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my 2011 post,  I hope 2012 is treating you well, I have ordered lots of new fabric in the last few days and hope to share it with you soon, in the meantime, happy sewing.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh more fabric? Cant wait to see what.... Meg is adorable, no wonder she's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super! look forward to seeing finished. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good so far - keep at it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is look great so far - not lurid at all! Looking forward to seeing what goodies you have in store for us in 2012! And the lovely puppy is adorable...!

    ReplyDelete