Wednesday 13 February 2013

One year on ...


A year into my 'new' sewing machine and it seems like a good time to review it. I can't believe a whole year has passed since Meg dispatched my old one.

I feel like I have only scratched the surface of the features available, there are still new buttons, menus and feet to explore. But I am picking up new techniques along the way as I need them.


I find myself often referring to the user manual, something I don't normally do with electronics, (it's much more fun to guess and make a mess of things) but this one is easy to use and not only shows me how to use the machine, but sewing techniques too. It's extremely useful.


The joy of electronic rather than manual controls is that when I have messed around with something fundamental like the stitch length or mode, once it has been turned off, it forgets and comes on like new again in standard sewing mode. No unexpected flying off in a zig-zag...


I still love the most basic features; the automatic thread snipper, the see-through bobbin holder (so I can see when I am going to run out), the variable speed control so I can go slow when doing something tricky. And it is so lovely and quiet. I also love the fact it is humming with as yet untapped potential for when I am ready to explore it.


So perhaps not the most illuminating review, but in summary I love this machine. It's seen me through my first year in quilting in style, let's see what the next year holds for us...

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I couldnt live without my thread snipper!!
    There are benefits to new technology x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your review. I would buy this Janome 607.
    Zuzana
    http://byzuzug.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete