Friday 16 May 2014

Farewell


The time has come to say farewell to this; my dear, sweet and increasingly neglected blog. Blogging has lost it's shine for me over the last year or 2, feeling like another drag on my time, something to feel guilty about because I don't do as much as I should. Like going running or mopping the floor. Posts about new fabric don't make for an enthralling blog.

I have been thinking about changing my blog for a while now, and over Easter school holidays when I took some time away from the shop, it was some time after returning that I remembered that I had a blog that needed me or that I read other people's. I think with the arrival of Instagram and Pinterest which continue to engage and interest me, blogging feels like it can't complete. Running a fabric shop, making things from that fabric are a very visual thing and I wonder if long posts about it are really necessary anymore? Increasingly, blogging does rather feel like I am talking to an empty room.

That said, I still want to share things with you, cool stuff I have found, photos, maybe even the odd post about something I've made, or just pictures of it if I don't have the time to write a few words.

So, this little space on the internet will retire and I am now blogging on Tumblr. This excites me far more; I can share selected pictures with those of you who don't fancy Instagram or Pinterest. I can also share links and cool things I find on the internet, straight away, not in a month when I have found enough things to fill a post that I probably won't get round to writing. I can post images of new fabrics, those coming soon, and everything inbetween.

You don't have to follow it, just bookmark the new blog and check in now and then. If you want the news about new fabrics when it happens, then I have plenty of social media for that and the newsletter too - you can find all of these on the bottom of the shop home page.

The thing I love about Pinterest is sitting infront of it with a cup of tea, and taking a break for 5 minutes. I hope you will treat my new blog like that - pop in, enjoy looking at what other people have ordered recently, see what's new, watch an interesting video, soak it up. I hope to see you there.

Kate
x



17 comments:

  1. I think I started reading your blog in 2010 when I had my own short lived and long since abandoned blog. I always loved your photos so will follow via Instagram. Nice to see Those Cats featuring in amongst the fabrics! Clare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for staying with me so long Clare, hope to see you over at Tumblr

      Delete
  2. I hear you on the 'talking to an empty room' thing - well done for making a positive decision to spend your time elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be rather demoralising can't it? loving my new space on Tumblr though :)

      Delete
  3. I'll be following you on Tumblr Kate! I love your Instagram pics, you have the cutest pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janey, been trying to rein it in a bit on the animal photos!

      Delete
  4. Happy that we still get to see your lovely photographs... and dreamy fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your site has a lot of useful information for myself. I visit your blog regularly.
    Check: https://ctnbee.com/en/digital-fabric-printing-online

    ReplyDelete
  7. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin cetak buku murah wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :) cetak buku umroh haji

    ReplyDelete
  8. This article is really helpful 😋😘
    Love it😉😉
    ซื้อหวยออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete